Monday, May 16, 2011

Hanna: My Thoughts, My Disappointment




When I first saw the trailer of the then upcoming movie Hanna the feeling bubbled up inside me that I just had to see it when it came out in theaters. If I would've known then what I know now I could've saved myself $11.00 and two hours of my life. Part of the problem with the film wasn't purely the writing or the poorly choreographed fight scenes. Part of the problem was me.







Yes, me, because I went into the film with high expectations and sadly I was disappointed. I was expecting an action film with a young girl doing skillful hand to hand combat, wielding weapons and shooting a bow and arrow, but what I got was just blah.




The movie Hanna tells the story of a young girl that lives with her father in the woods of Finland. Her father is ex-CIA and he trains her. Long story short one day Hanna tells her father that she is ready and gets detained by the CIA, but then escapes and is on the run. The only compliment I can give of this movie is that it was original, but just fell short.




Eric Bana, who plays Hanna's father, had the worst choreographed fight scenes I have ever seen in all my time of watching movies. Hanna, played by Saoirse Ronan, I feel played her part well. Hanna was timid, shy but yet a fighter. The movie could have been better, but there was a lot of fluff. I gave this movie a thumbs down. But I always say, judge for yourself don't just take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment