Monday, May 16, 2011

Fast Five




I have been a fan of The Fast and The Furious franchise since the beginning so it was only befitting that I see the new installment, Fast Five. It brings back past characters from previous Fast and Furious movies such as Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel), Mia Toretto (Jordana Brewster), and Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) all in the first film. Roman Pearce (Tyrese Gibson) and Tej Parker (Chris "Ludacris" Bridges) part of the 2 Fast 2 Furious film, Han Seoul-Oh (Sung Kang) casted in Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift. And Gisele Harabo (Gal Gadot), Tego Leo (Tego Calderon) and Rico Santos (Don Omar) were members of the Fast and Furious cast.




They are all brought together in Rio de Janerio to do a $100 million heist of the most powerful man in Rio. Since the movie is new I will not give any other details that may ruin it for those of you that have yet to see it. All I will say is that if you have enjoyed the previous Fast and Furious films then you will enjoy this one. It gives you nothing more and nothing less. The acting is decent and this film ties up some loose ends and answers some questions. Also a new edition to the Fast and Furious franchise is Dwayne Johnson. It is nice to see Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson going toe to toe with one another.


When I left the theater from seeing this film I asked myself a question: Will there be a Fast Six? I guess it is possible, but ultimately I think the answer is no. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment