Friday, June 28, 2013

World War Z

After watching Dawn of the Dead a few years ago I gave up watching anything that had to do with zombies.  Deformed, discolored beings wanting to eat my flesh is my second biggest fear and my first fear is an alien invasion, but let's move on.
World War Z stars Brad Pitt (Angelina Jolie's baby daddy) and Mireille Enos (The Killing).  Gerry Lane (Pitt) is a former United Nations investigator and on a seemingly normal day with his wife Karin Lane (Enos) and two daughters things take a change for the worst. 
They do not explain in the movie what actually starts the outbreak, but of course I'm sure they will fit it all in on the second film. 
World War Z is suspenseful and full of action.  For someone that does not care for zombies there is a scene near the end when Gerry is a little too close for comfort and that scene was on my mind for the night.  If you are seeking a good thriller film then I definitely recommend World War Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment