Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Silly Ol' Bear- The Relaunch Of A Franchise



On July 15th Winnie The Pooh comes to theaters nationwide. The makers have gone back to the original format of drawing like on the television show The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. Parents taking their children to see this film will become reacquainted with and their children introduced to the cuddly, lovable characters of Winnie The Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit, down in the dumps Eeyore, Kanga and Roo, Piglet, Owl, and the boy who calls them friends Christopher Robin.

Relaunching this franchise was brilliant because they have now opened the door to a whole new way of marketing and branding. Kids who are very young now and don't know about Winnie The Pooh and the rest of the gang will now leave theaters all across this nation and want the Pooh Bear or the Tigger. They should also think about releasing The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh on DVD and Blu-Ray because I know that when I was a child I enjoyed those movies, but I had them on Beta Max.

If I had a child I would definitely take them to see this movie, but I know that the theater will not just be filled with parents with children, but there will probably be some adults sitting in the theater and for 69 minutes they will feel like a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment